Here are 10 tips that will help you get the most out of your “one shot at life” and keep you on course for a Wonderful Life!
1. Be Inspired: You can hardly do anything without some form of inspiration or motivation to act. Your desire for a better life will be your base inspiration. Inspiration will aid in smothering the negativity that surrounds us all. Focus on who you want to become and what kind of life you want to live. This can be developed by studying people who you admire and would like to be like (model). Adapt their traits and you will eventually reap similar rewards. Each day, look yourself in the mirror and verify that the image is reflecting a person on a path to the Wonderful Life you deserve. Tell yourself “I Can!”
2. Be Truthful: When you see yourself in the mirror always be truthful with yourself. See yourself in the mirror as others see you. You may look at pictures and watch videos of yourself as well. Once you have an objective truthful view of yourself, you can see where you need to make the necessary changes. Think, speak, and act in alignment making your “facade” the “truth!”
3. Be in Charge:The world, and others (including the media, advertisers, the government, etc.) will try to mold and control you in everything you do. Even both sides of your inner voice, your conscience, will try to control you. When your “Negative Inner Critic” puts you down, or doubts you, give the power to your “Positive Inner Critic” to be in charge! Instead of accepting your “Negative Inner Critic’s” worries, woes and fears as truth, vigorously challenge your inner self to greatness. You are the boss of your mind, put it in charge of giving you a Wonderful Life! Do it Now!
4. Be Aware: Situational awareness is the only way you can get from point a to point b. Be aware where you are in your life. Know where point “a” actually is for you right now. Be aware what is holding you back from living the life you desire. Be aware of opportunities as they present themselves. Luck is just being prepared when an opportunity presents itself and being aware of it – and acting on it!
5. Be Responsible: Live your life as the powerful creator of all you experiences. How you experience the moments of your life is entirely your responsibility. You get to choose how you respond. Will you crawl under the bed or will you rise above? Trust yourself even if you’re not sure. Your outcomes are entirely yours to create.
6. Be Energized: First, identify if anything is unnecessarily draining your energy. Negative relationships, poor diet, drugs, and alcohol are all common ways energy is depleted. Your effectiveness in your life will be greatly diminished if one of these is draining your energy. “Be truthful” here to acknowledge any of these, and be in charge, and be responsible for ridding your life of these negative drains. For most other things that drag you down, focus on what you can do, instead of what you can’t do. Let go of what takes you of course.
7. Be Loving: Take care of yourself first. It is like flying in an airplane when the flight attendant instructs you to put your own oxygen mask on before assisting others. If you’re gasping for air, you’re of no use to anyone else. Therefore, love yourself first, and then you can be loving to others.
8. Be Compassionate: Most people are trying to do the best they can with the light shining on them. The path to a wonderful life does have its dark spots. You will undoubtedly come across many people who have weak batteries in their flashlights. Still they’re navigating the twists and turns of life to the best of their ability. When you can, shine a little of your own light on their path.
9. Be Masterful: You may have been a victim in many ways. Bad luck may always seem to be lurking on your doorstep, but you are the master of your own destiny! You choose how to respond and negotiate these bumps in the road. It is very important to recognize that an obstacle just might be an opportunity in disguise. If it’s a problem for you, likely others are having the same problem. The solution to this problem might prove beneficial to many others who would be willing to reward you financially. At the very least, every obstacle will provide you with experience, and a lesson learned. Be masterful in dealing with adversity. Step into your own spotlight.
10. Be Grateful: As you attaint this mastery of a Wonderful Life, stop and smell the roses so to speak. The journey can be just as important and rewarding as the destination. As your life comes together more and more, time will seem to go by faster and faster. For example: it is very unpleasant to touch your fingers to a hot stove. Just a few seconds could seem like a long time. But how about that fabulous week or two vacation that seemed to flit by in a moment?
Follow these 10 steps and live each day as a new day on your Wonderful Life! Path